The Benefits of VIKAND’s End-to-End Biomedical Service
VIKAND procures, installs and maintains critical medical devices
VIKAND is well-known as the maritime industry's leading provider of medical care at sea, especially in the cruise sector. However, that's only one dimension of our holistic health and wellness offerings. Integral to every total healthcare solution is our biomedical expertise. We provide procurement, installation, training and support for advanced biomedical equipment on ships around the globe.
Currently, VIKAND manages and services more than 9,500 medical devices across 220 vessels worldwide. Our biomedical services cover the full lifecycle of equipment needs, including:
- Procurement: We guide clients on equipment needs for their onboard healthcare facilities, help them source devices from global suppliers, orchestrate delivery to ports of call and oversee installation.
- Clinical Usage: Once biomedical equipment is installed onboard and ready for use, we train doctors and nurses on how to operate each machine correctly.
- Maintenance: VIKAND provides ongoing monitoring (both onsite and remote), troubleshooting, regularly scheduled maintenance and repairs, as well as replacements and upgrades as needed.
Equip Your Ship With the Medical Devices it Needs
Every cruise ship is essentially a floating resort with its own onboard medical facilities, which must have everything needed to diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries. We work with clients to ensure that their medical facilities have the most up-to-date biomedical solutions. Each one is supported by an experienced procurement and logistical team, as well as by our biomedical and clinical teams, to help ensure consistent fleetwide performance.
VIKAND’s biomedical division procures, installs and maintains high-end equipment to address a wide range of onboard clinical needs, including ventilators, x-rays, defibrillators, oxygen concentrators, patient monitoring systems, breathalyzers, incubators, infusion pumps and more. We also provide formulary supplies, sterilizers, EKG machines, nebulizers, CBC machines, and hospital beds.
If you would find it in a hospital or doctor’s office, then you will likely find it onboard VIKAND client ships.
Receive Maintenance, Support & Beyond
As part of our overall biomedical services, VIKAND tracks asset data for equipment across client fleets, which is critical for proper maintenance and capex planning. Asset tracking provides a number of important benefits:
- Ensures Compliance: Capturing and storing asset maintenance history helps to keep equipment compliant with international standards.
- Asset Lifecycle: We manage the full lifecycle of biomedical assets to help client organizations prepare budgets and control costs.
- Cost Tracking: Data allows us to quickly analyze the costs of ownership, including repair vs. replacement, labor, wearables and other key metrics.
- Operational Efficiency: With remote monitoring, medical teams no longer need to send updates on devices and can request maintenance as needed.
Regular maintenance helps identify problems with equipment early rather than waiting for issues to grow exponentially. By regularly examining biomedical equipment and performing proactive maintenance, VIKAND helps to keep ships running and avoid unforeseen expenses. Regularly maintaining biomedical equipment is the most cost-effective way to extend its lifespan.
VIKAND uses a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to track the lifecycle of onboard medical equipment. This allows biomedical technicians to see which equipment needs routine maintenance, emergency repairs or replacement.
Educate Your Clinical Teams to Optimize the Lifecycle of Equipment
VIKAND is dedicated to supporting human health at sea through total healthcare solutions, and biomedical equipment is a key part of this. Along with our clinical services, it adds tremendous operational value whilst ensuring a higher level of onboard care.
To further support this effort, our biomedical division trains onboard medical teams in how to properly operate and maintain all equipment. Correct usage and care are key to keeping devices in optimal working condition, especially in remote parts of the globe with limited access to parts and technicians. From procurement to operation, training to maintenance, our biomedical services help clinical teams deliver world-class medical services around the globe.