Career Opportunities at VIKAND
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Come and work for VIKAND – we are currently hiring and looking to fill the position of Medical Services Specialist.
To continue, click here to give your consent
Responsible for managing designated clients’ activities related to medical consulting and facility management services. Based out of our Fort Lauderdale Florida office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports onboard medical staff of designated client with any medical issues with regards to guest, crew and onboard medical facility
- Assists with the logistical coordination during medical emergencies, evacuations and/or deaths onboard, as required
- Is part of the ongoing development of projects, service solutions and overall value of the designated client
- Develops Standard Operating Procedures and develops / creates strategies and policies aligned with the organizational goals of designated client
- Reviews cruise ship passengers and crew medical history and evaluate fitness to travel for designated accounts
- Manages the day-to-day administration of the Formulary Management Program
- Regularly visits ships both in U.S. port and overseas, to carry out operational visits and clinic audits/inspections of audit onboard medical facilities and the coordination and communication of audit results
- Monitors third party pre-employment screening services for cruise ship employee candidates
- Participates in budget preparation
- Responsible for obtaining information from maritime medical regulatory bodies, including CLIA, CDC, accept NAD Shipsan
- Monitors various worldwide information sources for outbreaks, health alerts, change in travel requirement, etc. for purposes of client communications and notifying clients, as necessary.
- 24/7 On-Call availability
- Participates in professional societies and community events as a VIKAND Ambassador
- Other duties, as required
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
- Valid state issued medical license in good standing
- 5+ years clinical experience in a hospital setting
- 1+ year shipboard medical experience preferred
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Able to use medical software
- Valid passport