4 Benefits of Sourcing Medical Equipment from VIKAND
Every cruise ship with onboard medical facilities must have everything needed to diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries. Cruise ships need to have up-to-date medical equipment and access to formulary supplies worldwide, but many operators deal with a patchwork of small vendors that don’t offer comprehensive service with true pricing power.
To solve this industry-wide challenge, VIKAND offers equipment selection, procurement, maintenance, calibration, formulary supply and more, with capex forecasting and strong negotiating leverage to help manage biomedical expenditures.
1. Direct Collaboration with Manufacturers
After years of procuring medical products for cruise ships, VIKAND has built strong relationships with leading device manufacturers. As a distributor, we offer unrivalled purchasing power and save money for clients by negotiating prices directly with the manufacturer. We source a full range of equipment, including x-ray machines, ventilators, defibrillators, oxygen concentrators, infusion pumps and more, as well as supplying all formulary needs.
2. Cost-effective Shipping All Over the World
VIKAND also offers the cost-saving power of consolidated sourcing. Rather than purchasing medical equipment from multiple suppliers in different locations, clients can source everything they need from VIKAND and have it shipped together. This can dramatically reduce the cost of transporting medical equipment to a port of call.
3. Device Recommendations From an Experienced Team
VIKAND offers extensive input on a vessel’s medical equipment needs. We have firsthand clinical experience from managing onboard medical facilities and from years of servicing and procuring medical equipment. We also have comprehensive knowledge of flag state and CLIA requirements and can assist clients in meeting those standards.
At VIKAND, we know what works, and we provide expert technical and clinical guidance to ensure that client ships set sail with everything they need – and nothing they don’t. In addition, we offer long-term capex forecasts, strategic planning, lifecycle management, clinical asset tracking, and sourcing of replacement parts and equipment to help keep your operation running smoothly.
4. Full Device Lifecycle Services and Management
VIKAND’s annual maintenance services can extend the life of devices and ensure operational reliability, as well as keep clients in compliance with laws and regulations. Annual preventative maintenance, calibration and certification services include:
- A detailed log of all equipment inspected, with a full status report
- Equipment identified as functional or in need of repair/replacement
- Development of replacement/repair schedule and maintenance strategy
- Coordination of repairs onboard, at our repair facility or via manufacturer
Our experienced teams offer a proactive approach to reducing operational downtime, allowing clinicians to stay focused on patients. Critical equipment maintenance services include:
- Remote troubleshooting service support available 24/7
- Staff education, both in person and through video tutorials
- Parts inventory management/end of life management
- Monitoring and responding to recalls
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software updates
The Maritime Medical Equipment Distributor
VIKAND helps cruise operators meet all their medical equipment needs. Our service stands apart thanks to direct relationships with top manufacturers, cost-effective shipping options, strategic recommendations from experienced professionals, and comprehensive support and service.